- An objective way to demonstrate impact of noise reduction measures?
- A means to demonstrate the (reduction of) noise from aircraft, wind turbines, road traffic, trains, or industry?
- A way to visualise the community in a realistic virtual reality environment?
- To examine the impact of noise reduction measures, both from the source, as by shielding or other measures?
The Virtual Community Noise Simulator (VCNS) is a unique facility that brings together expertise on noise sources, atmospheric propagation, reflections and absorption in a way to experience future noise impact for all stakeholders.
- A fully-immersive 360 degrees virtual reality simulator including 3D positional audio
- A way to demonstrate on location your noise impact solutions for groups between 1 to 600 people
- Expertise to translate and validate noise impact to the location and environment from where it is observed
- The presented sound levels are validated and calibrated with a dummy head
- 3D noise simulation
- Virtual Community Noise Simulator