- to enhance the performance (envelope) and flight characteristics of your unmanned helicopter (also referred to as RPAS, Remotely Piloted Aircraft System)?
- advice on sustainable and efficient operation of your rotorcraft RPAS?
- feasibility studies on a new type of unmanned helicopter and assistance during the design and construction phase or, for manufacturers, support in obtaining a type certificate for your rotorcraft RPAS?
More than two decades of experience in various areas of RPAS research. We can combine this with nearly a century of experience in the field of manned rotorcraft, which creates unique capabilities. NLR is accredited by the CAA-NL to perform RPAS technical assessments, resulting inÂ experience with state of the art RPAS systems. Furthermore due to our test facility at the Netherland RPAS Test Centre (NRTC) we can offer a variety of testing programs to support you in bringing your rotorcraft RPAS (operations) to a higher level.
Our rotorcraft RPAS R&D capabilities include:
- Feasibility studies
- Rotor blade and component design and optimisation
- Structure and endurance testing
- Autopilot development and testing
- Development of flight procedures
- Airframe and component design
- Calibration tests
- EMC tests
- Flight simulations
- Maintenance optimization
- EUROCAE WG-73, WG-93 activities
- Drone EMC test
- Flight control testing
- Model helicopter
- Radio controlled
- Rotor test stand
- Rotorcraft RPAS
- RPAS flight envelope