RPAS-pilot Theory Training
- Consists of 3 days in which all legally required subjects are taught and include a returning session for the examinations
- Includes the follow theory subjects: RPAS General Knowledge, Principles of Flight, Performance and Planning, Air Law, Meteorology, Human Factor, Navigation, Operational Procedures and Flight Preparation
- Provides, after positive completion of all examinations, a NLR theory certificate that is accepted by the CAA-NL as part of the required documents for obtaining a RPA-L
- Is given at the NLR facilities in Amsterdam.
RPAS-pilot Practical Training
- Consist of a first group lesson day organized to introduce the practical training and to give an indication on level of experience
- Consists of practical flight training in blocks in the morning or afternoon in which flight skills are trained
- Teaches all exercises in most manual mode as required by the CAA-NL
- Takes place at the NLR RPAS Test Center in Marknesse using NLR training RPAS
- Takes place after successful completion of a RPAS-pilot Theory Training (including flight preparation)
- Trains the RPAS-pilot for flights within Visual Line Of Sight (VLOS), VFR daylight, above unpopulated areas, and not above buildings
- Will be given individually (or as requested with a maximum of two trainees) and planned in consultation with the flight instructor
- Is provided for the following RPAS types:
- (H): Helicopters and Multi-Rotors in the weight class 0 to 25 kg.
- (A): Aircraft in the weight class 0 to 25 kg.
The examination date will be planned in mutual agreement between the student and the instructor.