Advice on the design, detailed analyses, virtual (full-scale) testing analyses, deployment, maintenance and modifications of civil and military aircraft structures?
Experience in virtual manufacturing and virtual testing on coupon and component level, virtual full-scale testing, failure analysis of composite and hybrid structures with quasi static and dynamic loading (impact), post-buckling analysis of light-weight panels and structures, using finite element software ABAQUS, NASTRAN, Pam-Crash and FEMtools, vibration of aircraft and rotorcraft, and topology optimization of aircraft structures.
Tools developed for aircraft panel analyses and optimization for fibre steering, composite damage prediction and failure analysis using user subroutines (UMAT, VUMAT), integration of parametric designs using plug-ins in ABAQUS, topology optimization for 2D and 3D structures.
Collaborate with NLR’s experts in manufacturing, testing and non-destructive inspection to verify and validate our solutions, cooperate with NLR’s materials scientists to understand the response of materials and structures under normal and extreme loading conditions, work together with industry in European Projects such as MAAXIMUS, glFEM, LOCOMACHS. This results in lead-time reduction and a more cost-efficient execution of aircraft design, modification and maintenance projects.
- Structures Testing - Equipment Overview
- Biaxial Testing
- Composite damage simulation for prediction of residual strength
- Curved Fuselage Panel Testing Facility
- Full-Scale Test Facilities
- Mechanical Test Laboratory
- Micro-mechanical test facility
- MOSAIC: Automated transfer of simulation models
- Optical 3D Deformation Analysis
- Buckling calculations
- Composite design
- Composite fatigue analysis
- Computational mechanics
- Fibre steered composites simulation
- Full-scale virtual test
- Global simulations
- Impact analysis
- Local simulations
- Numerical analysis
- Post-buckling calculations
- Progressive damage analysis of composites
- Virtual test