Programme Unmanned and autonomous
Drones are a key enabler for innovative solutions to tackle rapidly changing societal, economic and security challenges. For the Netherlands to play a role in this, the government and Dutch industry, including start-ups and SMEs, must be able to create innovative drone solutions, platforms and systems in a safe, sustainable and cost-effective way, and to integrate these within the airspace.
NLR is the knowledge partner for this. We offer support in the development, implementation and societal acceptance of unmanned and autonomous aviation, taking into account safety and minimal nuisance. We help with the realisation of safe, sustainable and affordable drone systems and the harnessing of commercial opportunities, and we support the rise of Dutch manufacturers in the area of drones and Urban Air Mobility (UAM).
- Simplifying integration of unmanned aircraft into the airspace as a whole
- Helping industry and the government utilise the effectiveness and added value of urban air mobility
(UAM) both nationally and internationally
- Taking on a leading role in collaboration on counter-drone solutions to support both government and
- Mapping out the opportunities for new and existing application domains
- Accelerating the development and realisation of vehicle and system development
- Making communication, navigation and surveillance infrastructure more efficient, more robust and
more safely deployable