- A research platform (manufacturing machine, real aircraft and/or simulation environment) to investigate your Digital Twin and Industry 4.0 ideas?
- To understand or optimise your machine, system, maintenance or manufacturing process?
- To analyse performance bottlenecks in your operations, and find out where and why they happen?
- To comprehend which sensor measurements are useful and to exploit machine behaviour patterns hidden within complex data?
- Expertise in data fusion of heterogeneous data such as sensor and administrative data?
- Competent advice on implementing your Digital Twin concept and tackling aerospace related or any other challenges (for example certification or security)?
Royal NLR has experience in developing several types of Digital Twins, with partners in aerospace components manufacturing industry, the Dutch Ministry of Defence, and aircraft OEMs.
To support those activities NLR has the availability of the research infrastructures of the ACM3 Smart Industry Field Lab, of several fixed and rotary wings, as well as RC glider, unmanned research platforms, and also of the NLR Living Lab. In addition, we have a Pipistrel Velis Electro as Digital Twin platform at our disposal, equipped with relevant structural sensors and (flight) data acquisition equipment.
NLR can offer:
- Capabilities for detailed multi-domain modelling of complex components and systems
- Expertise coupling information technology, real systems and assets with remote and embedded sensors
- Capabilities for efficient application of data science, artificial intelligence, robotics, and state-of-the-art IT technologies
- Capabilities for realising efficient and tailor-made user interfaces
- Collaborative engineering capabilities for joining the forces of (potentially distributed) stakeholders while respecting security constraints
- Know-how in realising Industry 4.0 solutions
- Digital Twin technology to wrap technologies into tailored, user-oriented solutions
- A competent and knowledgeable partner in all involved disciplines such as structural and mechanical analysis, (aircraft) systems and IT system architecture.
- Artificial intelligence
- Data analysis
- Data science
- Industry 4.0