- To investigate the consequences of an impact of an external object (e.g., hail, runway debris, birds, or a drone) on a structure (e.g., aircraft, UAV/UAM, or a wind turbine)?
- To assess the frangibility of structures against the impact with aircraft?
- To determine the extent of the damage caused by an impact on a composite or metal structure?
- To assess the impact of a broken propeller or high-velocity shrapnel due to compressor failure?
- To evaluate the damage tolerance of an impacted component for certification (EASA/FAA) purposes?
- Capabilities to model different types of impact events and simulate the consequences on the damaged structure
- Specific knowledge of impact on thick composite components
- Experience with Hyper/High/Low velocity impact
- In-house models for drones and a validated bird impact model
- Knowledge of damage initiation and propagation models for different materials (metals and composites), enabling to predict the evolution of the damage in the structure
- Testing facilities to reproduce the impact events
- Non-destructive technologies to visualize the impact damage and quantify its size and extension
- Safety assessment of flight and 3rd party risks
- Policy support in identifying risks and setting acceptable levels of safety
- Bird impact
- Crash investigation
- Damage tolerance
- Drone impact
- Impact energy absorption structures (car/etc.)
- Impact safety
- Impact shielding
- Urban Air Mobility