Changes in economic pressures on aviation industry may result in significant modifications in management structure.
- Loss of technical expertise in management ranks
- Realignment of relationships between management and labor resulting in role ambiguity and loss of technical oversight
- Poor resource allocation decision-making due to profitability concerns that are not cognizant of safety issues
- Exacerbated difficulty in staffing transitions and role redefinitions (including situational awareness training) resulting from investment, allocation decisions
- Labor-management disputes resulting in poor operational performance