ATM personnel will be increasingly required to monitor aircraft trajectory conformance. However, most ATC facilities will require new displays for presentation of these data.
- Errors due to lack of effective information integration and monitoring
- Unintended uses of new ATC information systems
- Failure to trust modern ATC information systems
- Failure of current facility displays to support information generated by systems such as ADS-B – incompatible developmental timelines
- Multiple operational modes available in ATC hardware leading to loss of awareness of the system status and mode confusion or distraction