Increased future traffic may require redesigning the airspace or dynamically altering the airspace boundaries to accommodate variable aircraft equipage, weather, and ATC procedures. Landing and approach procedures design, coupled with integrated onboard technologies, providing unprecedented access and visibility with safer lower minimum altitudes (for example, augmented global positioning system approaches).
- Conventional hazard analysis impractical. For example, it is simply not possible to exhaustively enumerate all of the possible interactions that might take place in a dynamically reconfigured airspace of any considerable complexity.
- Constantly changing airspace points for traffic situations
- Coordination issues with other facilities
- Controller awareness of constantly changing airspace boundaries
- Possible frequency issues at ATC facilities