AP, PERS, T
The RVT concept is aiming at providing:
- Remote TWR services at small and medium size airports, by personnel (ATCO and AFISO) located at a Remote Tower Centre somewhere else
- Contingency services at major airports, in the case of fire or other events that could take place at the control tower building. Contingency facility should be at safe, nearby, but different physical location
- Synthetic augmentation of vision to increase situational awareness at airports during poor visibility conditions, at the local airport control tower facilities.
- Reduced sensory information upon which clearance decisions are based
- Inadequate awareness of other conditions on or around the airport that may affect flight operations (such as nearby weather formations)
- NextGen/SESAR hazard condition: As departing aircraft taxi to runway, ground controller overly relies on observing automation to monitor conformance. Associated human performance hazard: Ground Controller fails to issue corrective instruction to resolve conflict because of lack of alert from surface automation. Ground controller is overly reliant on remote conformance alert.