- Cost-effective development of dedicated thermal control systems (10 W-100 kW)?
- Two-phase heat transport systems (two-phase pumped loops, loop heat pipes, oscillating heat pipes, vapour chambers)?
- High thermal stability thermal control systems (mK-level)?
- Lightweight and mini thermal control systems?
- Design, modelling, prototyping, development testing and qualification of satellite and aerospace cooling systems?
- Conductivity testing of carbon fibre panels (guarded hot plate method)?
- Design and delivery of filling systems for heat pipes, cooling systems and spacecraft storage tanks?
- Thermal modelling and testing of aerospace wiring?
- Qualified R&D and Test engineers
- Thermal Vacuum Chambers (with IR-window and IR-camera), Thermal cycling chamber
- Thermal laboratory (pumps, flow meters, cooling baths, cold plates)
- Software (ESATAN, ThermXL, Abacus FEA, Matlab, Mathcad, Labview)
The thermal vacuum facility is part of the NLR environmental test facilities for a complete one-stop environmental test campaign.
Major customers are: AMS02 (CERN), NASA, Stork Fokker Elmo, ASML, Thales, ESA, Bradford Engineering and Dutch Space.
NLR was a leader in the development of the Tracker Thermal Control Cooling system for AMS02, a dedicated two-phase cooling system which has been operating on ISS since May 16 2011.
- Climate chamber
- Conductive carbon fibres
- Cooling devices
- Cooling systems
- Heat pipes
- Loop heat pipes
- Oscillating heat pipes
- Single phase pumped cooling systems
- Temperature control
- thermal control
- Thermal cycling
- Thermal design
- Thermal testing
- Thermal vacuum chamber
- Two-phase pumped cooling systems