Develop an ICAP programme that serves you and your instructors
InstructorConcordance (ICAP) Workshop
An EBT programme is most effective when the quality of training data is good. This comes down to the instructors’ ability to assess accurately and in a standardised way.
EASA regulations require EBT programmes to monitor instructors in their assessment accuracy and consistency, and adjust where needed. This is done by an Instructor Concordance Assurance Programme (ICAP). Concordance is measured in two key metrics:
- Agreement: do instructors provide similar assessments.
- Alignment: do instructors align to company standards.
Both are critical for an effective ICAP programme: only agreement may still result in too lenient, strict or central grading, and it is important to ascertain that the whole group of instructors is interchangeable and that their data can be interchanged. Only then can your EBT data provide good direction for module design.
Furthermore, a good ICAP programmecan be much more than a checking activity: it should develop and support instructors in their growth in CBTA delivery.
In this workshop NLR works with you to develop an ICAP programme that is scaled to the size and complexity of your training organization. We introduce novel techniques to run an ICAP programme that keeps instructors motivated, gives valuable concordance (data) insights and make the most efficient use of your instructor’s time. This workshop also covers the integration of ICAP and standardization training for instructors and delivers you an integrated solution and a plan to implement it.
- Make an ICAP work for you and your instructors
- Design a time-efficient ICAP that will keep your instructors motivated and feel supported
- Learn techniques that are best suited for your training organisation
- Leave the workshop with a useable ICAP design and implementation plan
- 2 days
- 3-4 participants
- 2 NLR EBT trainers
- At a location worldwide, can also be delivered online
Want to learn more?
Contact us to find out about availability and pricing. We are happy to think with your on your specific needs – the first hour of advice with a cup of coffee is always free!