A compass to navigate module requirements and get the right mix
Module Design Workshop
Developing an effective EBT module requires achieving the right blend of compliance to regulations, level of difficulty and relevance to the trainees. Get this wrong, and you risk ineffective training or even negative training. Get this right, and your pilots will grow as resilient pilots.
Our two-day Module Design Workshop is tailored toward instructors and/or training staff responsible for designing EBT modules. The workshops helps structure the design and development of an effective EBT module achieving the right blend of compliance to regulations, level of difficulty and relevance to the trainees. The workshop will address key aspects such as topic matrix customisation, equivalencies, module design workflow and scenario, surprise and variation design. The course covers the regulations, principles and best practice techniques to structure an EBT module.
The workshop will address key aspects such as:
- Understand all elements to integrate (e.g. topic matrix, equivalencies, operational relevance, competencies)
- EBT module structure
- Requirements to and styles of different scenarios in different module phases
- Building scenarios
- Maintaining variation and surprise-element
- Developing instructor guidance material
- Compliance checking
We provide this service as a workshop and not as a course. Although some aspects will be taught classically, the focus is on transferring practical experience in module design, which is best done by the actual designing of (parts of) a module together in a workshop. Our approach is to also build on the existing experience and practices and will also be adjusted to take local NAA requirements regarding module structure and training/checking activities into consideration.
The goal of the workshop is to empower participants to be able to successfully finalise the module partially developed in the workshop, and to then apply these concepts independently when developing the subsequent module.
For participants who are not EBT instructors but who may play a role in the module design and development process (simulator staff, software department, union representatives), NLR offers a one-day accelerated introduction into EBT principles, regulations and CBTA techniques to ensure that all workshop participants are up to speed and aligned in terms of how an effective EBT module should look like and work.
- Save time and frustration and get a kickstart with best practices and proven techniques
- Understand module design pitfalls
- Co-develop a module with NLR instructors
- Transfer of training to empower your training team
- Future support to keep you going
- Optional accelerated 1-day course for non-instructor
- 2 days
- 6 participants
- 2 NLR EBT facilitators
- Delivered in a classroom at a location of your choice
Want to learn more?
Contact us to find out about availability and pricing. We are happy to think with your on your specific needs – the first hour of advice with a cup of coffee is always free!